CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Mommy..Mama..Mother..Luv U!




Mommy is a great woman.. And I believe every mother is the same. Mothers do multiple tasking every now and then but we actually never really see that. I never felt being left out by mama when I was a kid, although, she is a career woman and dedicated with her job as a teacher. When I was small, she used to send me to this scary auntie(God bless her) to look after me when she was at work. I always cried and asked to go with Mama to school(if i was awake). She promised to buy me 'mekap' as I wished to calm me down. And she did! Even though it was just a Three Beauty compact powder, but she did remembered what I wished. I was very happy that time. And years past, Mama always been there for me.
I watched several movies that convey abt mothers being overprotective and mischievous person. And the mothers had quarrels and arguments with their kids. And the kids will be all stressed out and left their annoying mums. The End.. And the viewers will digest the stories and give an approving nod to the kids and blame the mothers. Oh, come on..
I watched this movie 'Awake' with my friends. It was a story abt a guy who fell in love with a girl and have an overprotected and rich mother who hates his gf. Then, he needed to undergo a heart surgery by a friend doctor. But the mother didn't approve as she knew the doctor often malpractices. But the son insists. And I started to rattle on how inappropriate to ignore your mother. In the end, the mother gets it right. The doctor and the gf are having plans to fail the surgery. In the end, the mother sacrifices herself and gave up her heart for her beloved son.

Mother is not just any other ordinary person in this world. She gave birth to you, she took care of you, she cooked for you, she did the laundry for you, and now, just because your mind and hers is not think alike anymore, you just wanna leave her? And because your mother doesn't like your girlfriend or boyfriend, you suddenly want to shut her out of your life? And run? It's in newspapers all around. Girls leaving families for their 'true love' and elope.. Well, in my opinion, that was just rude. After all those cares and love that had been showered by the parents, you want to leave them for a boy/girl? It's not fair. Just count, how many years have you spent with your mother compared to your 'other' love ones. How much money and time your mother had spent for you than your bf/gf? Just because he said, 'i love you with all my heart', and she said 'i will be there for you forever', your mother is not important anymore? Is it worth it? To leave all the good things and memories with your mother for the sake of love?

Status of A Mother In Islam
One day a man came to see the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny. It seemed that he was trying to solve something but couldn't quite work it out. So he asked the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny. "Tell me, O Prophet of Allah! I have many relatives and many friends whom I love, and whom I wish to care for and help. But I often find it difficult to decide which of them has the greatest claim upon me? Which of them should come first?" The Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny replied immediately, "Your mother should come first and before all others."

The man was very pleased to have this clear guidance from the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny. But of course there were all his other relatives and his friends, so he asked again: "And after my mother, who has the greatest claim upon me?" The Prophet Muhammad's, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny reply this second time surprised him. "Your mother!" he said again.

The man wondered why the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny was repeating himself. Perhaps he had not spoken clearly, the man thought, so he asked the question again, "What I want to know is, after my mother, who has the greatest claim upon me? Again the Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him and his progeny said "your mother!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will make my day!!